E. Michael Brezina III
E. Michael Brezina, III primarily practices in the areas of medical malpractice and nursing home defense litigation, health care law, general civil litigation and commercial litigation. He also repersents contractors in construction disputes.
Mr. Brezina graduated Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2004. Before law school, he graduated Summa Cum Laude in three years from the University of Tennessee, where he was named Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Brezina is actively involved in the Knoxville community, the Tennessee Bar Association (TBA) and the Knoxville Bar Association (KBA). He serves as Treasurer for the campaign to re-elect Judge Andrew Jackson, VI to the Knox County General Sessions Court bench. In 2010, he was selected as a member of the TBA Leadership Law class and has served in several other capacitites for the TBA Young Lawyers Division. He presently serves as the Co-Chairman for the KBA Legislative Committee. He also serves as the Chapter Advisor for the Sigma Chi Fraternity Chapter at UT.
He is a member of the TBA, KBA, Inns of Court and the Defense Research Institute. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, family and friends, UT sports and hunting.
AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Health Care Law
- General Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 2004
- Honors: Certificate of Academic Excellence Award
- University of Tennessee
- B.S. (Summa Cum Laude) - 2001
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Honors: Omicron Delta Kappa
Honors and Awards
- Treasurer, Campaign to Elect Andrew Jackson, VI, Knox County General Sessions Judge
- Cityview 2011-12 Top Knoxville Attorney - Medical Malpractice-Defense & Nursing Home Liability-Defense
- Tennessee Bar Association’s Class of 2010 Leadership Law program, member
- Pro-Bono Partner Award from Legal Aid of East Tennessee, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association, Co-Chairman of Legislative Committee
- American Inns of Court, Hamilton Burnett Chapter
- Defense Research Institute
Past Employment Positions
- Hodges, Doughty & Carson, Clerk