At Hodges, Doughty & Carson, PLLC, we focus on the needs and goals of our clients. As our client, you will have access to a network of legal professionals and resources. Our attorneys are masterful in developing creative solutions to complex legal issues. We also give the same personalized and responsive representation to matters that may seem quite simple on their face.
As one of the largest law firms in Knoxville, we have established a principled reputation for excellence and exceptional service. For more than 80 years, our law firm has successfully handled a variety of civil and criminal cases in numerous areas of the law. We are a general practice law firm that provides full-service counsel, case preparation and representation to clients in Tennessee and throughout the country.
Call us today at 865-951-7334 or toll free at 877-504-0012, or contact us by e-mail to schedule an initial consultation regarding your important legal matter.
Our Professional Legal Practice Areas
Many of our practice areas include representation of both plaintiffs and defendants. We provide our clients with well-rounded experience and broad perspectives.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Arson and Insurance Fraud
- Asset Protection
- Aviation Law
- Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights
- Business and Commercial Law — Our full-service business law practice handles business formation, succession planning and entrepreneurial issues for companies of all sizes. We are also experienced in corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial litigation. Our work includes representation of credit unions, banks, utilities, Fortune 500 corporations, insurers, manufacturers, healthcare organizations and construction companies.
- Civil Litigation
- Civil Rights
- Construction Law — We represent a broad range of clients with varying interests. Our construction clients include commercial, residential and government general contractors, as well as public utility companies.
- Corporate/Financial Institution/Business Practice
- Criminal Defense — We represent defendants in all felony and misdemeanor offense charges. We serve our clients judiciously in general sessions court, circuit court, criminal court, juvenile court, drug court and appellate court at the state and federal levels.
Alcohol and Drug-Related Crimes — We provide defense to clients in all alcohol and drug-related cases, including underage consumption, drug manufacturing, possession, paraphernalia, illegal prescription charges and more.
- DWI/DUI — We work with clients charged with drunk driving throughout eastern Tennessee, and we can defend your case in any situation that puts your reputation, career and driving privileges at risk.
Employment Law — We protect employee rights regarding hiring and termination, wages, leave, privacy, harassment and discrimination. Similarly, we help employers by reviewing contracts, drafting policies, resolving disputes and litigating when necessary.
- Harassment and Discrimination — We provide comprehensive legal help to harassment victims, and we work to ensure that others are not subjected to such treatment in the future. We also offer defense representation.
- Wills & Estate Planning — We provide counsel in estate planning and experienced representation in probate, estate administration and business succession.
Family Law — We provide experienced counsel and representation in all aspects of family law, including contested and uncontested divorce, adoption and modifications. We work vigorously for our clients' best interests with compassion and understanding.
- Divorce — Complex, mediated, contested and uncontested divorce are all handled with precision at our law firm. We ensure our clients are protected from risks and work to get what they deserve.
- Health Law Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Land Use Planning and Zoning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Personal Injury — Injuries caused by the negligence of others can be particularly devastating. We provide knowledgeable and aggressive legal service to both plaintiffs and defendants for all potential personal injury claims.
- Car & Truck Accidents — Our Knoxville car and truck accident attorneys fully examine accident scenes and pursue compensation from responsible parties. We also have extensive experience representing defendants, insureds and insurers in these cases, and our dual perspective grants clients unique opportunities.
- Premises Liability/Slip-and-Fall — We handle all injury claims resulting from the negligence of property owners and pursue compensation for victims. We also provide defense services to property owners and insurance companies involved in such claims.
- Products Liability
- Public Entity Representation
- Real Estate Law — We assist clients in residential and commercial issues throughout Tennessee, including boundary disputes, remediation, commercial leases (including billboards and cell towers), acquisitions, broker issues, title issues, foreclosure and more.
- Special Needs & Special Education Law
- Workers' Compensation - We represent clients who have been seriously injured on the job and companies facing lawsuits. We work to ensure all benefits are provided and pursue additional compensation in certain circumstances for plaintiffs. Additionally, we help businesses and insurers develop safeguards and proactive legal strategies to defend against aggressive legal action.
Contact Our Knoxville, Tri-Cities and Chattanooga Attorneys
We represent clients throughout middle and eastern Tennessee. Call us today at 865-951-7334 or toll free at 877-504-0012 to schedule an initial consultation. We offer free initial consultations in some practice areas. We also offer flexible rates and billing arrangements in many of our practice areas. Contact us for more details.