Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
David N. Wedekind received his undergraduate degree from the University of Tennessee and has practiced law with the firm since completing his legal education at Memphis State University in 1981. While in law school, he was a staff writer for the Memphis State Law Review. His practice is devoted primarily to consultation and trial of worker’s compensation and employment law matters including Tennessee Human Rights Act, Discrimination or Harassment, ATitle VII DEA and ADA. He also has extensive experience in general civil contract and tort cases. His practice also includes personal injury litigation. He is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association. He holds memberships in the Defense Research Institute, the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, International Association of Defense Counsel and the American Inns of Court (Master of the Bench) Hamilton Burnett Chapter. His primary areas of practice are workers compensation, civil litigation and employment law. Mr. Wedekind is a frequent speaker on workers compensation topics. David enjoy’s backpacking, fishing, and playing golf.
Areas of Practice
- Tennessee, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1985
- Memphis State University School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D. – 1981
- Law Review: Memphis State Law Review, Staff Writer
- University of Tennessee
- Honors: With Honors
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers In America – Workers’ Compensation Law- Employers, 2005-2012
- Listed in The Best of the US LLC
- Cityview 2011 Top Knoxville Attorney – Workers’ Compensation
- Best Lawyers in America 2013 – Workers’ Compensation Law-Employers
- Cityview 2013 Top Knoxville Attorney – Workers’ Compensation-Plaintiff
- Best Lawyers in America 2014 – Workers’ Compensation Law-Employers.
- Best Lawyers in America 2015 – Workers’ Compensation Law-Employers.
- Best Lawyers in America 2016 – Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers. Listed as a Best Lawyer since 2005.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court (Master of the Bench, Emeritus), Hamilton Burnett Chapter
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association (Board of Law Examiners District 2 Investigating Committee)
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Board of Judicial Conduct