Our attorneys have extensive experience in the field of product liability law and litigation. We have handled many personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in Tennessee in which companies were sued for manufacturing and/or selling a defective or unsafe product. Our attorneys have litigated and/or tried product liability cases in counties throughout East Tennessee. We have participated in many crucial and complex cases, including representation of major automobile manufacturers, manufacturers of many types of mechanical equipment, medical devices, chemicals, prescription drugs, aviation and other products.
Product liability cases can include allegations of design defect (the design of the product is not safe for its intended use), manufacturing defect (the manufacturer does not assemble the product properly), and marketing defect (the manufacturer fails to include warnings that the user needs to make the product safe).
Product liability lawsuits can involve many different types of defective products, including:
- Motor vehicle (automobile, truck, van, SUV and motorcycle) parts, including air bags, brakes, seat belts and tires
- Drugs, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and recalls
- Consumer and household products, appliances and cooking utensils, including water heaters, dishwashers, stoves, furnaces, gas fireplaces, space heaters, irons, deep fryers, microwaves, outdoor grills, and garage door openers
- Children's clothing, including flammable pajamas and Halloween costumes
- Contaminated food, including undercooked meats and negligently stored or prepared food
- Exercise equipment, including treadmills, bicycles, and elliptical machines
- Lawn equipment, including lawnmowers, chainsaws, mulchers, blowers and tillers
- Power tools, including saws, drills, and nail drivers
Any of these products can be the subject of product liability lawsuits in Tennessee or other states. Many of these products have been the subject of recalls required by various federal agencies, such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Product liability litigation is a primary focus area for the lawyers at Hodges, Doughty & Carson, PLLC, PLLC, and we represent clients throughout East Tennessee and other parts of Tennessee in these cases. If you have been injured or a family member has been killed due to a defect in a product, call us today at 865-951-7334 or toll free at 877-504-0012, or email us to schedule a free initial consultation.