Get in touch with Michael today:
Michael's Areas of Practice
E. Michael Brezina, III primarily practices in the areas of medical malpractice and nursing home defense litigation, health care law, general civil litigation and commercial litigation. He also represents contractors in construction disputes.
Mr. Brezina graduated Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2004. Before law school, he graduated Summa Cum Laude in three years from the University of Tennessee, where he was named Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Brezina is actively involved in the Knoxville community, the Tennessee Bar Association (TBA) and the Knoxville Bar Association (KBA). He serves as Treasurer for the campaign to re-elect Judge Andrew Jackson, VI to the Knox County General Sessions Court bench. In 2010, he was selected as a member of the TBA Leadership Law class and has served in several other capacities for the TBA Young Lawyers Division. He presently serves as the Co-Chairman for the KBA Legislative Committee. In 2016, he was elected to serve on the KBA Board of Governors. He has served as an Adjunct Professor at the UT College of Law since 2015. He also serves as the Chapter Advisor for the Sigma Chi Fraternity Chapter at UT.
He is a member of the TBA, KBA, Inns of Court and the Defense Research Institute. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, UT sports, hiking, spending time on the lake in the summer and playing the piano.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Treasurer, Campaign to Elect Andrew Jackson, VI, Knox County General Sessions Judge
- Cityview 2011 Top Knoxville Attorney – Medical Malpractice-Defense & Nursing Home Liability-Defense
- Tennessee Bar Association’s Class of 2010 Leadership Law program, member
- Pro-Bono Partner Award from Legal Aid of East Tennessee, 2005
- Cityview 2013 Top Knoxville Attorney – Health Care Law; Medical Malpractice-Defense; Nursing Home Liability-Defense
- Mid-South Rising Star 2013 – Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice
- Mid-South Rising Star 2015 – Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
- Cityview 2015 Top Knoxville Attorney – Nursing Home Liability – Defense; Medical Malpractice – Defense; Civil Litigation
- Cityview 2016 Top Knoxville Attorney – Medical Malpractice – Defense, Health Care Law, Nursing Home Liability – Defense
- Cityview 2017 Top Knoxville Attorney – Medical Malpractice-Defense
- Mid-South Rising Star 2017 – PI Medical Malpractice: Defense
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Hodges, Doughty & Carson, PLLC, Clerk