Get in touch with Lisa today:
Lisa's Areas of Practice
Lisa Jellison Hall received her undergraduate degree from the University of Tennessee and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1997. She was the recipient of the University of Tennessee College of Law Certificate of Academic Excellence Award and the Corpus Juris Secundum Award. She joined Hodges, Doughty & Carson as an associate and was admitted to the bar in 1997. Lisa is listed as a Tennessee Supreme Court “Rule 31” Family Law Mediator.
She is a member of the Knoxville Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, American Bar Association, and East Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women. Ms. Hall is a Master of the Bench member of the Hamilton Burnett Chapter of the American Inns of Court. She was a member of the Knoxville Bar Association Board of Governors for the term of 2015-2017. Lisa is a regular contributor to the Knoxville Bar Association’s monthly publication, DICTA. She also serves as a member of the Hearing Panel for the Board of Professional Responsibility.
Lisa’s practice is primarily devoted to family law and also includes general civil litigation and trial practice, including motor vehicle, premises liability, business, construction, contract, utilities and insurance coverage matters. She has been named a CityView Top Attorney in multiple areas of practice for the past ten years and has been named in the Best Lawyers in America for the past seven years.
I highly recommend Lisa!
Posted by Rachel
June 10, 2020
I had never had to deal with a lawyer before, but I was blown away at Lisa Hall’s professionalism and attention to detail, while still being personal, kind, empathetic, and answering any question I had promptly. I felt like I had an advocate who was very realistic with my expectations, and who would fight for me when I was being taken advantage of. I feel like I had the best possible outcome of my divorce because I had the best advice and counsel. I highly recommend Lisa Hall at Hodges, Doughty & Carson.
Posted by Julie
March 6, 2020
Lisa is a consummate professional. She listened carefully and without time pressure on me. I found her easy to talk to, detail-oriented and intelligent. Knowing the hurried nature of the practice of law, I was pleasantly surprised by her aplomb. Karen Casteel, Lisa’s paralegal, was always timely in responding to my texts or calls and, I suspect, is one of the top “work horses” in the practice. She is kind and precise. That these women are able to do their best work speaks to the positive office attitude toward its employees, and to the character of the law firm that employs them. Thank you for your work on my behalf.
Lisa Hall – Superb Attorney
Posted by Holly
March 31, 2020
I recently went through a divorce and was represented by Lisa Hall. I couldn’t have asked for a better attorney during this difficult time. Lisa was the utmost professional always displaying compassion, understanding and patience. She was always prompt in her responses to me and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I highly recommend Lisa Hall with Hodges, Doughty & Carson.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Knoxville Bar Association – Co-Chair Work/Life Balance Committee
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, University of Tennessee College of Law
- Cityview 2012 Top Knoxville Attorney – Family Law/Divorce/Child Support, Personal Injury – Auto Accident – Defense
- Cityview 2013 Top Knoxville Attorney – Adoption; Consumer Protection-Defense; Elder Law; Family Law/Divorce/Child Support; Insurance Law; Personal Injury-Auto Accident-Defense; Personal Injury-Motorcycle Accident-Defense
- Cityview 2014 Top Knoxville Attorney – Adoption, Family Law/Divorce/Child Support
- Cityview 2015 Top Knoxville Attorney – Elder Law, Adoption
- Best Lawyers in America 2016 – Insurance Law
- Cityview 2016 Top Knoxville Attorney – Elder Law, Personal Injury – Motorcycle Accident – Defense, Adoption, Family Law/Divorce/Child Support
- Best Lawyers in America 2017 – Insurance Law
- Cityview 2017 Top Knoxville Attorney – Adoption Law, Elder Law, Family Law/Divorce/Child Support
- Cityview 2018 Top Knoxville Attorney –Elder Law and Family Law/Divorce/Child Support
- Best Lawyer in America 2018 - Insurance Law
- Best Lawyer in America 2018 - Insurance Law; Litigation - Insurance
- Cityview 2019 Top Knoxville Attorney – Adoption
- Best Lawyers in America 2019 – Insurance Law
- Cityview 2020 Top Knoxville Attorney – Family Law/Divorce/Child Support, Elder Law, Adoption
- Cityview 2021 Top Knoxville Attorney – Family Law/Divorce Child Support, Adoption
- Best Lawyers in America 2021 – Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance
- Best Lawyers in America 2022 – Insurance Law, Litigation – Insurance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Inns of Court, Hamilton Burnett Chapter, 2001-2003
- American Inns of Court, Master of the Bench
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association – Co-Chair Work/Life Balance Committee, 2004-2011
- Knoxville Bar Association – Member, Family Law Section
- Knoxville Bar Association Board of Governors, Member 2015-2017
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Discovery Procedure,” 2014 Family Law Conference for Tennessee Practitioners. Nashville, TN, December 2014.